A core specialty is the preparation of tax returns for individual taxpayers. Over the years literally 1000's of Federal and State returns have been prepared and filed. Hirsch Tax Pros has made it easier than ever to get your returns prepared in a timely, safe, and effective manner that fits everyones needs.
Individual Income Tax Return — Preparation and Filing
Before we begin filing your individual income tax return, make sure you have the following information ready:
- Proof of identification
- Filing status and residency status
- Social Security Numbers for you, your spouse, and any dependents
- Dates of birth for you, your spouse, and any dependents
- A copy of last years tax return (if you are a new client)
- Statements of wages earned (e.g., W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, etc.)
- Statements of interest/dividends from banks, brokerages, etc.
- Proof of any tax credits, tax deductions, or tax exclusions
- Your bank account number and routing number (for Direct Deposit)
Federal individual income tax returns are due with payment by April 15th. A 6-month tax extension may be granted for late filing. However, it is important to understand that there are no extensions for tax payments. So whether or not you obtained a tax extension to file your return, any tax due must still be paid by the original filing deadline (April 15th).